If you are here, I can understand that Spotify has given you a username that you don’t like, and you want to change the name to something friendly, easy to remember, and doesn’t have any numbers in it.
There are no direct methods to change the randomly created username in the Spotify account. But there are some other ways to do it.
In general, Spotify will give you two kinds of names.
- Display name
The display name is the one that is displayed for the other users or your friends. Even when you open the profile, you get to see the display name and not the username. But the username is the one that uniquely identifies you among the other users. That’s why Spotify never lets you choose a username as you wish because it needs to be the name that no one has.
Display names are not unique, and you can change them as your wish. Two or more persons can have the same display name.
Below are some of the methods through which you can change the Spotify Username.
What Is Spotify?
Spotify is one of the best audio streaming application which you can use to hear music from famous companies and artists. You can use Spotify as a web app, install it as an application on your Windows OS and iOS devices. You can download Spotify as an android app and iOS app from the app store too.
You can use any of these applications to hear the music, and of course, it’s a paid one. You can also have a free account in Spotify.
Connect Your Facebook Account
If you don’t like your username, then you can connect your social account to Facebook to change the name. Facebook username will replace your Spotify username. Follow the below steps to connect to the Facebook account.
- Open the Spotify app which you have installed on your PC.
- Click on your profile picture, which is on the right corner of your Spotify account.
- Now a drop down menu will appear. Click on the settings in the menu.
- Now on the settings page, you will have an option called Social. From there, you will see an option ‘Connect to Facebook.’
- Click on the button to connect your Facebook account.
- A pop-up will open where you can enter the username and password to your Facebook account and log in by clicking the button.
- Now the Spotify username will be replaced by your Facebook username.
I hope this helps you to change the username using your Facebook account. If you don’t want the Facebook username to be your Spotify username, you can change the username by changing the Spotify display name.
Changing the Spotify Display Name
Since you cannot change the Spotify username manually, you can at least change your display name using the edit profile option.
- Open the Spotify app. Either through the app that is installed on the PC or the mobile.
- In the top right corner, you can see the profile picture. Click on that profile picture. The profile settings will be opened.
- Click on the edit profile option on that screen.
- There will be an option to change the Display name. You can set the display name yourself since two or more users can have the same display name.
- Your display is the name that your friends will see in your account.
I hope this solves your issue. If even this method doesn’t solve your problem, then you can try the below procedure.
Requesting Spotify Support To Change The Username
The other method you can use to change your username is to ask the support team to change the username for you. This method might or might not work. But if Spotify customer support wants to help you, then they can surely help you in this case.
- Go to the community page by Spotify.
- There, create a support ticket for Spotify. Mention that you will use the account professionally, and you need a very memorable name to exchange or market.
- Once the ticket is taken to solve, the support team might contact you to ask you the desired username.
- If the username is available and legal to use, then they will allocate you the username themself.
- Also, note that they might reject your application to change the username also.
Wrapping It Up
I hope you have learned the way to change the username and display on your Spotify account. Make sure to share your views in the comments below. Also, if you know some other ways to change the username, please let us know in the comments.